Friday, November 10, 2006

Introductions...

So, I've finally started a blog. No reason, really, except I love finding fun sites and media on the 'Net and sharing them. That's what most of this will be. I'll also throw in some of my own stuff here and there.

I was going to do a quick "bio", if you will, but let's be honest....My life, as charmed and wonderful as it really is, doesn't make for good storytelling. Who wants to hear about a guy who grew up with two caring, devoted parents who loved him? Who got a good education, has a decent job, a wonderful wife and a crazy dog?

So, instead, I'll just say that it was Sean Esty, creator of the online comic "Skullcano Island", that really made me realize how fun a blog could be. I look at his stuff, and just gape in wonder. The man is some kind of wizard...somewhere between Mike Mignola and Humberto Ramos, he makes it look easy with those amazing lines and that fantastic character design. I hate him, I really do.

Listen to me, like I actually know him. Like I've MET him! Sean Esty doesn't know me! Yet, here we are. With me all envious of him, and trying to draw as well as him. Like that's gonna happen. But, in the spirit of "imitation being the sincerest form of flattery", I thought I would try and attempt to draw a piece of fan art. It's rough, but I think if I stick to it, it may turn out OK, which means it's doomed, since I don't seem capable of ever actually FINISHING a peice of art.

Anyway, I give you Miss Molly Holliday, star of Mr.Esty's on-line comic, Marooned! Hope you like her!


No comments: