Friday, February 16, 2007

Minimal Color = More Pretty

So, I'm playing around with computer coloring, trying to come up with a look for a story I want to tell. I'm crap with coloring...I've just never had a good eye for what colors work well together. I think I know it when I see it, but there is just WAY too much trial and error.

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of really beautiful work recently with some really minimal color palettes (most recently, the art of Van Beater)so I thought I would try something along that line.

It's not as easy as it looks, but I think I may finally be on my way...what do you think?



Seriously, I've never been one to beg for comments, but any critiques that you have of the piece would be more than welcome! Just leave them in the comments section of this post!

Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. About the minimal color palettes I mean. My very favorite online comics, the penny arcade guys regularly use minimal colors also and they produce some great stuff.

Looks great man, let me know when it comes out!
--
Mikey