Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Steve Jobs is the Devil

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick of iTunes.

I don't use it, personally. My wife has it on here, because she has an iPod, so fair play. I seem to be stubbornly avoiding it at the moment, though. I can't stand the stupid thing. It seems to take over my computer. Every time I install it, the damned thing sets itself as the primary player for all music formats...despite the fact that I tell it NOT to. I've stopped fighting it, which is probably Apple's evil plan, and now just right click all my MP3's and choose my REAL audio player (the fantastic Quintessential Player...only does one thing, and does it damned well!) However, god forbid I not think, and just double click a file...I now get to wait thirty seconds while my computer stops and devotes all it's processing power on opening the monstrosity that is iTunes. I swear I can actually see the lights dim in the house as it boots up.

What prompted this post is that iTunes just told me it needs to update itself. Again. Didn't I just do this a week ago? How long has version 4 been out, anyway? A month? And is it me, or does every time iTunes need an update, do they do a FULL FREAKING INSTALL?! You have to download a iTunesSetup.exe and let it uninstall and re-install and register and God knows what else...then, when it's finally finished, the first time you open it back up, it takes twenty minutes to update the iTunes library...never mind the fact that I haven't TOUCHED it since I reinstalled the stupid thing!

The next time some snide Mac user gives me shit about using a PC, I'm gonna punch him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, I too have studiously avoided MyTunes.
I can't stand those damned Mac vs. PC commercials. They're so smug.
They try to make you feel like only linear-thinking drones use PCs.
That advertising campaign has done more to turn me off to Mac in the short time that it has been on than anything else on earth. Nice going there, Steve Jobs.

Troy said...

I hear what you are saying...yet, at the same time, I can't help but like them a little bit, because I think John Hodgson is freaking awesome.

Ironically, as I have heard often in reference to these ads, I want to be the 'PC' much more than the 'hip, young mac'.

Nice going indeed, Steve. Next time, you should really get the talented and funny guy to do YOUR product!