Thursday, March 22, 2007

Watchmen Movie a Go?

Woah...I must be slipping. I hadn't heard anything about Watchmen being made into a movie and all of a sudden, I find a link off of the iFanboy.com website to director Zach Snyder talking about MAKING it...is this a go? IMDB has it listed as "pre-production". Wow. Watchmen as a movie. I don't know...

For those of you who don't know, Watchmen is considered one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) comic book of all time. It was a 12-issue miniseries released in 1986, written by Alan Moore and drawn by Dave Gibbons. It is a huge, sprawling, complex story. But one that can be effectively translated to the big screen? Personally, I don't think so. At least, it can't be made in any manner that would replicate the comic. The layers in that story, and the non-linear method of moving that story along, would be very, very hard to reproduce.

But who knows? I've been pleasantly surprised before. A man can dream.

No comments: