Friday, September 21, 2007

Draw Stephanie Brown! - Step 1

Well, I've at least got something started! I did a few sketches and came up with this...

I like what's going on for the most part, though I obviously ran out of ideas right around the legs. =) I'll have to see what I can do about that later.

But first, I just had to point out some of my favorite other Stephanie Browns that have been posted so far...like THIS beauty!...



I LOVE this drawing, and the design is so much fun...those buttons on cape are the best! She was done by Daniel Krall, who was just added to my Google Reader (his blog is awesome)!

Next, how freaking cool is THIS Robin, done by...er...Jo.



Colors, expression on her face, super fun style. I just love it.

Or how about this sexy "Earth Mother" Spoiler from Katie Cook?!



I love the wide hips and the tiny hip-hugger pants! Such a great look, and it looks like it was effortless to achieve it. I'm always amazed by people who can get such a great looking piece out of so few lines.

Finally, I think my favorite has to be this one!



Jemma Salume did a fantastic Impulse for the Project Rooftop Impulse Thread, and this is the second time she's blown me away. I love the soft palette she uses here, which seems to be her raison d'etre. Damn you people with amazing taste in color.

Hopefully, by Monday, you'll be able to mock my comparative lack of taste. You'll see...

TTFN!

No comments: